Monday, May 25, 2015

Thank You to Eric Church

Eric Church has a song on his first album "Sinner's like Me" called Livin' a Part of Life.

When I am stressed or the song on the radio isn't creating good thoughts in my head I play this song.
I can relate to every line.

"Woke up early this mornin' and I'm already runnin'late." Since this started I've been waking up at 4:45 to 5:15 every morning. Even getting up an hour earlier, I slide into work at the last minute. 

"I've got a list of things as long as my arm that I want to get done today."
"Is it Tuesday? Is it Wednesday?" What did I wear yesterday?

But what I love best about this song is how I am reminded to take time for myself and make Livin' a Part of Life.  When I keep fun things in our family (puzzles, funny books, silly math games ect)I've found that even when my husband is down for the count I can breath during this battle.

Battling the Darkside is a daily battle at least for the time being. If I don't find time to have joy in this battle my kids will be out of the house, and not have positive memories to look back on.  Maybe just maybe, the kids might not know how strong the Darkside really is if I can keep Livin' a Part of Life.
Eric, thank you for my pep talk that I can replay daily, hourly, and every five minutes if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment