Monday, May 4, 2015

May the 4th Be With You

May the 4th Be With You

Today we celebrated Star Wars at our home. My little girl wore Princess Leia buns in her hair. My son wore his Jedi Training Academy shirt. I tried to come up with some sort of food that a Jedi would eat,but all we did was laugh that I didn't know what a Jedi ate. Then instead of shooting spider webs at the school bus as it drove away, I sent Lightsaber waves. 

I do want to thank George Lucas for all the fun family time we have had over the fifteen years I've know Star Wars.  Star Wars was one of the first movies my husband remembers seeing in the theater and when the first three movies were added to the story line we spent our anniversary in the world of Yoda and clones. 

My son knew he would be picked at Disney Land to be a Jedi because he was strong in the Force. He was picked and would not join Vader's side. He lived as a Jedi every visit to the dentist until he out grew his costume. The dentist also made his visits fun because he was honored to clean a Jedi's teeth. 

The Halloween that my son wanted to be a Clone Trooper my daughter wanted to be Leia. We thought we could make the white dress Leia wears when she has the buns over her ears. This was funny because we forgot to make seam allowances and my daughter couldn't breathe or move her arms. I spent the next day hunting every Halloween shop searching for a costume. She was so happy when I came home with Padmé Amidala. I never thought my kids would have "matching" costumes.

But most of all I want to thank George Lucas for helping me understand the Dark Side and the battle that all Good members face. The Dark Side has been so powerful I could feel it, and I wish all I had to do was wave a purple lightsaber and the wisdom of the council would help me defeat it. Thank you for the inspiration for this blog.

I'm not giving up in this personal Battle. And as my son and so many other wise people have said, "May the Force Be with You!"


No comments:

Post a Comment