Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mouth of Two or Three Witnesses

Fall 2014
I believe prayer is how we talk to God, and the scriptures are how he answers our prayers. So when my answer came from three different people in the same day I was surprised.

Background:
Almost every morning my sister and I walk my crazy dog. When she would ask what happened since we walked together, I would tell her and she wouldn't understand. Or she would be critical of how I handled something. I was starting to feel like my husband's trials were taking away my relationship with my sister. She sincerely did not understand how my husband could sleep for three days and still be tired. She did not understand how my children were reacting to my husband's trials. (She still is my kids favorite aunt.)

At this time my Mother-in-law was calling everyday to ask how her son was doing. She would leave him messages and because he was asleep he wouldn't call her back. After this went on for a while I started to feel like I wasn't following the council of the scriptures. “Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else." D&C 42:22. Yes, she needed to know what was going on, but because my husband was asleep I was talking to someone else. 

My mom seemed to be the person that even though she didn't understand what was going on, was the most supportive.  She didn't try to pacify me with phrases, "that this too shall pass" and "just tell him to get over it" or "make your husband go to work." Then complete shock happened and her dad passed away. With this turn of events she was busy taking care of her mom. She didn't forget about me or ignore me, she just had other things added to her plate.

Answered Prayer:
I met a group of friends and they asked what was going on. Without hesitation the group all told me I needed to get a counselor. I went to work that day and my boss suggested I talk to her and call the employee assistance line and get a counselor.  The third person that day was from someone I hardly knew. 

Action:
I looked up providers with my health insurance and had an intake scheduled. Unlike my husbands quick intakes,(Yes those were exceptions to the rule.) mine was 45 days out.  I'd lived with it for 4 years what was another 45 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment