Monday, April 20, 2015

Hello, if you are reading this and you love someone that struggles with depression and suicide you are not alone. I've created this blog as a way to share some of my personal insights into this mostly unspoken and taboo area in society. Not from a clinical (professionally trained) point of view, but from someone that's lived with someone who's suffered with both issues.All the while trying to raise a family.

In the words of Elastigirl, from Walt Disney's  The Incredibles "Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it." I will be keeping these entries honest and anonymous. The posts will be from four years of Journal entries or memoir style non-fiction posts. I hope to share insights I've gained from living with someone with these trials, and what I've learned I did to contribute to the situation. Hey, I'm not perfect and willing to be honest about it.

While I'm ready to talk about these issues, or write may be better words there is no substitute for professional help.  You can call as a concerned family member or the person battling the darkside. You can be anonymous but the more solid information you can provide (name, date of birth, or an address) could help in the event of a serious mental health emergency.


  • Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    1-800-273-8255
  • Or take your family member to the nearest emergency room for an evaluation by a professional.

  • Last but not least, a few things that make me different than other bloggers is that this is my first blog. I am also a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And my dream is to be an author. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment