Friday, April 24, 2015

Insights from Visiting Teaching

I'm not the best visiting teacher, but I do try to go see my sisters regularly.  One sister I visit has a daughter addicted to drugs and is starting the addiction and recovery program near us.  First of all she was brave to tell me her "truth" and what she part she played as a mom that led to her daughter leaving the path. She told me when she looked back she had so many things going on in her life that she was too busy to hear what her daughter truly needed.

So how does this message apply to me?

I discovered the same truth.

When I was at my husbands therapy appointment this week we were able to pin point where changes started in our relationship. I had been blessed to be a stay-at-home mother for several years. Then I was called to be the Primary President and all of the sudden I was different busy at our home. I also accepted a 4 hour a month part time job outside of our home. It didn't seem like it was too much at the time.I was busy with good things, I thought I was including my husband in those new parts of my life. Looking back I would still say yes to the calling, and I would still take the job, but now that I've learned that I was too busy to hear what my husband was truly saying back then.

Now, all I can do is repent and try to do better in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment