Thursday, April 14, 2016

Garden of Gethsemane

I've been pondering this since Easter.

It's interesting how much my life, and my family's life has changed in one year. Last year my husband was suicidal and this year he's been so much more like himself. The husband that I fell in love with shows up more and more often.  The a man struggling with depression, and struggling to be himself in spite all of his health changes is still there, but we are moving forward today.

I keep thinking of the Savior and his moments alone with our Heavenly Father pleading to have the strength to carry out His divine mission. I think we all have those moments with our Heavenly Father. We may not be preparing to serve the entire human existence, but we can follow the Savior's example and plea for strength to fulfill our mission. Even if we want to ask for this to pass, then go forward in courage on that mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment