Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Power of One

I once heard that one butterfly can affect the other side of the world just by beating it's wings. A butterfly is roughly two inches long and can change the world by moving from one tree to another, just living it's life.

I was advised to quit counting when my husband had his last nightmare. I thought I was celebrating improvement, but someone said I was focusing on the negative.  It's now been three or four months since our last nightmare until last week. He had one nightmare that was relatively calm compared to the ones he's suffered from in the past, but that one nightmare brought all the feelings back from the last four years.

Feelings of hopelessness. Feelings of we are never going to get better. Feelings of his nightmares are all my fault.

That one nightmare was a week ago now and it's taken me a week to shake those negative thoughts.

But a few nights before my husband's bad dream, I had an odd dream. Not a vision, or anything profound, but felt like my husband, my superman, was being attacked by his evil enemy and the only way to protect my superman was to bomb the world with kindness.

If one butterfly can change the world just by living it's life. I can change the world by living my life and being nice to everyone I come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment