Thursday, May 11, 2017

Married People Go to Walmart on Dates

I ran into an ex-boyfriend of mine and when he found out I was getting divorced he asked me on a date. I didn't want my kids to meet him yet so I had him pick me up and take me to Walmart. Even driving to Walmart I said to him, you know married people go on dates to Walmart. We laughed all the way there. And sure enough I ran into several people from the ward on dates to Walmart with their spouse.

I didn't know how to act. I was afraid to hold his hand. I was afraid to touch him.

In the words of Grandma, I didn't die. But it was nice to be with someone that wanted to hold my hand. I may have been afraid of it, but it was nice.

Even being scared, going to Walmart on a date felt like I was normal. Who knows maybe one day I'll be a married woman going on dates to Walmart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment